Hello Humans! Anybody feel a draft in here?
IT’S ME! I just finished the first draft of a new novel. This WIP came in just over 100,000 words, and 253 pages. The draft is loosely a YA comic fantasy, which I worked on for Camp Nanowrimo.
So, for this first post after Uncanny Valley, I’m talking about “Ahead of Fate” (the working title). Since I already have a synopsis and world information up on my still-in-progress website, I’ll be sharing the chapter titles that have been making me snicker for the better part of 3 non-consecutive months.
(I have a serious affection for puns.)
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Demon, Deserter, Shifter, Slayer
- Chapter 2: Sakura Nova
- Chapter 3: A Brief Chase
- Chapter 4: A Doggone Shame
- Chapter 5: Orange You Glad?
- Chapter 6: Pray It Forward
- Chapter 7: Seven Minutes in Heaven
- Chapter 8: Maid in the North
- Chapter 9: A Whirlwind Bromance
- Chapter 10: Six Ways to Sunday
- Chapter 11: Net Prophet
- Chapter 12: Conversion Therapy
- Chapter 13: Reckless Abandonment
- Chapter 14: The Prodigal Child
- Chapter 15: The Last Peace
- Chapter 16: The Human Race
- Chapter 17: Ragnarok
- Chapter 18: Pyramid Scheme
- Epilogue: Kale Smoothie
I’m really looking forward to getting feedback from alpha readers on this piece.
In general, I don’t see many authors using chapter titles. Anybody know why? I love them.